Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Lazy Me

I needed to go to the library today to return some books as they were due today.  On the way I stopped at the Farmers Market and bought a few tomatoes for a salad.  They had long Asian cucumbers that are supposed to be "burp less."  I bought one to try out.  The lady at the booth said they had put out over 500 tomato plants this spring-that is a lot!

I checked my tomato plants and I think I see a few blossoms.  The pepper plants may be having a few blossoms, too.  As I went to close my back door this evening I spotted a fat rabbit right in the middle of the back yard.  Lucky rabbit.  Can't fire a gun in town.

I didn't do much today other than vegetate near the A/C.  Tomorrow I need to get busy.  The humidity is still high.

I am happy with how much better my old Dell Computer is doing.  It took some time to scan, clean, defrag and get rid of old, unused programs, but it is worth the effort.  I have a few things that I wish to keep on the old workhorse Dell, that I don't want on this little laptop.  The Dell was a used machine/tower when I got it.  I think it may have been an office computer from the looks of some of the stuff I got rid of. 

The library is giving a bunch of free computer courses on Saturday.  I think I might sign up to learn how to use flash drives and memory sticks.  The more you learn, the more you know.  Not that I don't know, but I can fine tune my understanding.

There isn't much going on, so I guess I will go back to my book.  I went back to reading as the eye Dr. says it makes no difference.  So says he.  Anyway, what does he know...he's only a Doctor.

END

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Greetings Mabel,

Let me know how you like that cucumber, I have never had one.

Today I am finally going to do the recovery on my computer once I get a few things done online. Seems like every time I tried over the last several days something has gotten in the way, or someone, LOL.

I am still trying to completely recover from Sunday so have not gotten much accomplished the last couple of days.

Looks like it is going to get hot here today so I am hoping not to go out much.

Hope you have a great day!
Love, Alice