Thursday, July 14, 2011

GARLIC...YES, GARLIC

Garlic is mostly used in cooking, but does have medicinal value.  It can also have side effects that you and a lot of other people might not like.  In other words, don't chow down on raw or a lot of garlic and then go huffin' and puffin' in someones face.  Not only will you find out who your friends are, you are apt to get a belly ache, tummy-intestinal irritation or other unwanted side effects from raw or too much Garlic.

So here is a list of some of the good stuff-not all of them are proven.
  1. Good in food, esp. Italian food!
  2. Aged Garlic is an antioxidant.
  3. It is a natural antibiotic.
  4. It is helpful with high blood pressure.
  5. It is helpful with high cholesterol.
  6.  May be helpful with coronary artery disease.
  7. Heart attacks.
  8. Hardening of the arteries.
  9. Possibly prevents several types of cancers.
  10. Helps build up immune system.
Be sure to look up Garlic and some of the side effects because there are some.  Be aware.  And there is a more information than I have written here.  All things in moderation.

It was about 12 degrees cooler today, with an occasional breeze and clouds.  I wanted to get some outdoor work done while I could.  I got the back yard mowed and then went ahead and did the front.  I went to use the trimmer, but the battery was dead and it wouldn't charge.  If I can, I will get the cord out and use the bigger electric trimmer in the morning.  It's gonna be around 90 or so for Friday.

I worked hard enough to elevate my B/P.  I finally took a quarter more of Verapimal 240 and a half of a 20 mg. Lisinapril-got it down to 130 -ah, that's better.  I should have done that yesterday, too.

END

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Greetings Mabel,

I used garlic quite a bit in cooking but also knew about the health benefits. Isn't it wonderful God provided for even our medicinal needs in nature? God is so good!!

According to my weather bug we are in for one very rough week starting Sunday. It says the heat indexes will hover around 110 from Sunday through the end of the week. I am dreading this!! I have so much work to get done and this will really slow me down.

Tonight or tomorrow I am going to clean the filters on the air conditioners again just to make sure they are prepared for a rough week too. Don't need them not putting out good cool air in those types of temperatures!!

Don't work too hard and try to stay cool.

Love, Alice