Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I've acccomplished nothing this day unless you count eating out twice on the same day.  I am so full.  I went over to the nursing home and visited with some of the residents.  One is on O2...24/7 and another should be.  The one that should be has a leaking heart now and is very SOB.  She could have the O2, but refuses, holding out until she "rally needs it."  She needs it now, but sometimes you can not convince people, but it is their choice.  There may come a time when we won't have choices.  Remember the movie SOILENT GREEN?"

I am tired and the heat just stays and stays.  Tomorrow it is supposed to be 98 degrees with another ozone alert.  The only things that are doing well in this heat are the weeds and deer.  The deer are thriving, boldly coming out into the fields and eating the crops during the day.  They cross the highway down by the river and stop or slow traffic.  They used to come out only at night, but are now browsing in large herds of 20 or more.

I am going to put a few cloths through the washing machine and go to bed.  I got up early so I'm going to bed early.  Besides,  I ate so much it is making me sleepy.
END

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Greetings Mabel,

Sounds like my day yesterday. I got nothing accomplished that I wanted to. I am still, even today feeling the effects of mowing the lawn on Monday. I absolutely hate fibromyalgia!!

I really need to get with it soon, time will be running out on this move and I won't be done.

I did not even go out to bible study last evening. I was barely able to walk, and would not have been able to focus on the study. But I will go to the one tonight. I really hate missing.

As for the patients being stubborn, I think we all are by nature stubborn to some degree. Many are in denial. Frank is like that, he does not do anything the doctors tell him too. But like you said it is his choice. I will be very happy to have this stress off my shoulders. Let someone else take care of him, LOL.

I have not been out around here to see if there are any deer out in the fields. Too hot to go for a ride and enjoy it.

Hope you have a good day and stay cool.

Love, Alice