Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Ho-double t

I worked hard today...at least I thought I did.  What someone else might think could be a different opinion of the efforts made.

I started mowing the lawn fairly early, trying to beat the heat which was a lost cause...'cause the heat was on and steaming before I even got started.  The heavy dew did not burn off very quickly and kept clogging up the mower.  Finally, at 11 A.M. I stopped.  I was already soaking wet and the yard was only half done.  With the heavy, hard going, the mower used twice as much fuel and then I ran out of gas.  Time to asses my options...time to rest and cool down.  Thus, went the morning of good intentions.

After a very lite lunch and fluids and finding my B/P a bit on the high side I decided to wait for the "cool of the evening" to finish up.  I went out to get gas after taking a nap.  I took a nap 'cause I is old, you know.  At 5:30 P.M. I started again and finished the back yard around 6 or so.  The trimming is not done and the front yard is not done; they will have to wait

My neighbors across the alley; I assume go out to eat every night of the week.  She has a good job and he has retired from the city utility company.  I guess they have a good income.  Just saying...I wouldn't mind going out to eat every night, either.  I do go to Windy's or Captain D's if I am wiped out and don't want to cook, but for today I was content with a cold hot dog.  Later I did fix some Mac 'n Cheese and a Peanut Butter sandwich.  That was my cooking for the day.  Tomorrow I will be out.  Someone else can fed me.

There is an ozone alert up for tomorrow and it will be 94 or so.  I need to go to the library and to the store.  I keep putting stuff off because of the heat, but eventually one "must."

There seemed to be a run at the gas station.  Either every one got their "checks" early or they are filling their tanks in case the government tanks.  Got gas?  Got bread?  Got milk?  Be advised that the government will not tank out because, we, the Gray Panthers will snarl and claw our way into DC and give them all a fur ball to chew on...yeah...so there.

End

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Greetings Mabel,

I still have not finished up the trimming. Yesterday, I hurt so bad from doing the mowing the day before that I could barely move. You wouldn't think a riding mower could cause so much pain but it does with fibromyalgia.

It is already sticking here today so, I am not going to go out and trim again. I will put that off another day. But I finally got some boxes in from the car for packing so I will be doing some of that today. There is so much to go through and I am running out of time.

I'm not sure I agree with you or not about the government. They will either tank now or 6 months from now. Of course, I am praying it is not now. I need to move and Frank needs to get out of here. I can not imagine what it would be like if we were both stuck here after all that has happened, LOL.

Anyway, I have a few things to do on the computer and then I am going to get busy packing. I think I will start in this room as there is so much to go through.

Hope you have a good day and don't over do it in this heat.

Love ya, Alice