Friday, July 22, 2011

Nappy Time

Usually I don't take a nap in the afternoon, but for the last two days I have done just that.  My glue is melting and I am becoming  a bit frayed along the seams of daily living.  It is just too hot for man or beast.

I have kept the curtains closed and the blinds shut off from the world.  I am starting to feel like a hermit.  I am waiting...waiting for more favorable conditions.  It's a good thing that I don't suffer from cabin fever...yet.

I have plenty to do inside.  I am slowly pulling things back into order and cleaning as I go.  One room at a time.  The other rooms need the same TLC because so many items have been moved around and more than once.  A couple of big guys can move a lot of stuff pretty fast and they really don't care where they put things.  That's really why guys get married: so they have legal maid service to clean after them!  Cheap labor, you know...

I moved the coffee table back into place and cleaned it up pretty well.  I cleaned the glass chicken and glass rabbit that my sister sent my years ago.  They were covered with dust and insulation that got "missed."  The coffee table has three glass inserts.  I will never buy furniture with glass again.  Every flake of dust or dirt shows up vividly, along with plaster particles.  In the process I now know where every little dust bunny has been hiding.

With fans, air and all efforts to keep the heat out, I have to stop and rest, and am perspiring almost as if I were outside mowing the grass.  I get stinky real quick and that isn't good!  I hope no one comes to visit while I am polluting the atmosphere!  I am washing small loads of cloths often and wearing old cloths at that. 

I hope to get it all done before Thanksgiving.  Actually, all joking aside, a little cold weather would help me move faster.

 That is that.  Nothing more to add..aren't you glad?

END

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good morning Mabel,

I love reading your blogs every day. They make me smile, sometimes they make me think too, LOL.

I have had to take an afternoon nap for a couple of years now as I do not get good quality sleep when I should. I am hoping after this move that will all change and I can get back to some sort of a normal schedule again.

I have been looking at real estate in way upstate NY near the Canadian border. Prices are very reasonable there and the average high in the summer is a nice comfortable 75 degrees.

I found some nice places out in the country for $65K and under and the property taxes were under $1500 a year. I can deal with that!! And they had a few acres of land too. Can't beat that!!

I got a kick out of your comment as to why men marry,,, you are so right. They want a legal housekeeper, cook, etc. that they don't have to pay for. Sounds like they want a replacement for their momma's doesn't it?

It is already steamy here this morning so I doubt I will get much done today either. This weather is kicking the tar out of me.

Hope you have a good day and take it easy, don't over do it. By the way, I never get cabin fever either, I can always find something to keep me busy.

Love ya, Alice