Saturday, July 9, 2011

OOLONG or WU LONG TEA

I am a tea drinker.  I have been a tea drinker since I first met my former, deceased sister-in-law, Leona.  I was a kid, but looked upon her as a walking, talking Godly person.  In fact, that was what she was called on the day of her funeral..."a Godly Mother," and she was.  I wanted to do as she did, and one of the things she did was drink tea.  That's how I became a tea-aholic.

The best tea that I have run across is OOLONG TEA.  I guess I first drank it while at the Chinese Buffet, thinking that it was the best tea I had ever tasted.  When I went to pay my bill I asked the manager about what kind of tea it was and how could I find a place to buy it.  He sold me a large bag of loose leaf tea right then and there.  I love the stuff.  Here is what I know about OOLONG TEA.

Helps promote strong metabolism.
Helps maintain cholesterol level in normal cholesterol.
Good for skin and complexion.Contains  10-15%  of caffeine of a cup of coffee.
 Also, referred as a Weight Control tea.

You can buy this tea online and it isn't too expensive.  I was just lucky enough to get mine at the buffet.  There are several verities to chose from, but I like the plain tea.  I would love to buy a cast iron tea kettle and benefit from the iron mineral that is released when boiling the tea water, but they are a little pricey. 

Red Beans and Rice!  With a can of Tuna thrown in. That was supper, and pretty good, at that.  I haven't had rice in quite a while.  The tuna, Chicken of the Sea, used to be a good name brand.  Now the cans are smaller and contain a lot of fluid-oil or water.  You get less, but pay more.

I'm about 3/4's through another book.  It is "TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH," a novel of the Byzantine Empire by T. Davis Bunn.  It is really a good book and is Ecumenical in nature.  It is a historical novel about the early church's persecutions and trials and a little proper romance for flavor.  It is well worth reading.  I think anyone of any faith would enjoy this book.

I bought a gallon jug of milk today; more than I wanted, but it is cheaper in the long run.  I have an empty 1/2 jug so I will fill that and put it in the freezer.  I also bought some hard cheese.  As long as the packages are unopened and kept cool they will last a long, long time.  I am trying to re-stock slowly.  Hopefully, next month will be a better month.  Gosh, next month will be August already.  Where did the time go?

This is the last night that I will send this post to Facebook.  If anyone wants to read it in the future they will have to go directly to my website.  Thus, says me.

 END

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Greetings Mabel!!

Thought I would stop in before heading out for church this morning. I will have to look for that tea. I too like drinking tea although for some reason I got away from it for a while.

I remember I was real little when Leona, Harry and the kids and Melanie and I went to the Calvary Baptist Church on the top of Pike St. It was in a store front at that time. That is where I first learned the song "Jesus loves me". Leona was a good inspiration to everyone around her I believe. Such a sweet gentle soul.

The book sounds interesting too!! I'll need to take a look for it in the library after I get moved.

I did see you linked this to facebook and that is actually what reminded me to come read your blog. But I came in from my own as there was another blog I want to read before I head out. Some how I missed it yesterday, LOL.

Hope you have a blessed day in the Lord!!

Love ya, Alice