Friday, July 29, 2011

I have what I need...

I may not have everything I want, but I have what I need.

  1. I may not live in a model "House Beautiful" home, but I have a roof over my head.  I am not homeless as are so many here in the land plenty and around the world.
  2. I may have bills to pay, but I have clean water to drink and food to eat.  So many go to bed hungry and do not have a way to attain either.
  3. I may not have the latest fashions, the most expensive shoes or accouterments, but I am not naked and don't need the rest.  In this world there are so many who have nothing, but would be grateful beyond measure for just your old joggers and a scrap of cloths to cover with.
  4. I may not like the way the government is being run, but at least we have a government albit with flaws and faults.
  5. I may have missed opportunities, but there are still opportunities to be had...even at my present age.

I am thankful for the food on my table, a bed to sleep in, cloths to wear, clean water to drink, medical care if I need it.  We may not live in a perfect nation...a utopia, but it is better than most.  Even in trying to live a simple life I am blessed with so much more than so many.  Stay strong.  Keep America strong.  Keep your faith even stronger.

A small, simple prayer suitable to all denominations, esp. little children.

Angel of God

Angel of God
 my guardian dear
to whom His love
entrust me here
Ever this night
be at my side
to light and guard
to rule and guide.

Amen

END 


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good morning Mabel,

All I can say is Amen! My sentiments exactly. God does provide for my needs. And truthfully, too many people think their wants are needs. I am blessed to have a roof over my head and food on my table. I know what it is like to be homeless, I have been. I am grateful for what I have, even though it may not seem like much by many people's standards.

I started moving things yesterday and hope to take another load over sometime today. I still have so much packing and going through things though. This is going to be a long process but it is better than living in a tent again, LOL.

Have a great day!
Love, Alice