Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Life in the hot zone

I tried to get up at 6 this morning.  I just couldn't make it.  I re-set my clock for 7 and finally got up at 7:30 A. M.  By 7 A. M. it was already in the 80's and the news said that 12 people had died from the heat.  We are just getting started.  Next week it is supposed to hit the east cost.  Get your fans out an rev up your A/C's.  You will need them.

I stayed up cleaning some of the mess up.  You can't have repair work done without a little mess.  At least these guys are trying to be half-way neat.  They were very courteous. 

But it is hot!  The warm air comes up the Ohio Valley from the Gulf and Southern coast, sometime by way of Texas.  I often yearn for the cooler weather of upstate NY.  At  least you can dress for cold winds and blowing snow.  You(females)
can only take so much off before getting into troubled waters.

I have been cleaning on and off part of the day and giving a few things away.  I have too much stuff and it is in the way.  When I want or need something I have to go through too much stuff.  I don't know why I save some ditrus, gen. it is old mail and junk.  Out it goes into Thursday's pick-up.  I guess having major problems can help you re-evaluate...do I need this...do I want that?  I can live a simpler life and be happy.  How about you?


END

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Greetings Mabel,

Boy do I understand the heat all too well. The heat index 105 when I went to be last night at 9:30pm, it is already nearing 100 at 8am. They keep extending the heat warnings out another day or two and someone told me it would be this way until at least the end of the month.

I agree with you that it is much easier to dress for the cold rather than the heat. I am looking to move further north if/when I get my work comp case settled. This heat and humidity is tearing me up pretty bad. I can't take much more of it.

I have no choice but to run errands today. I have to pick up meds, pet food and pay bills. There is just no getting around it. The a/c is not working well in my car so this is going to be miserable. I will be heading out soon before the temperatures get even worse.

I am like you, I can live a simpler life and be happy too. I keep getting rid of more stuff I don't need. I just don't need it cluttering up my life any more, LOL.

Hope you stay cool and don't have to go out in this heat for anything.

Love, Alice