Monday, July 18, 2011

MAJOR ELECTRICAL FOILS

I have been up since very early  this morning.  It has not been a fun day'.  The electricians have been here all day and didn't leave until after 8 PM.  They were worn out and so was I.  Not a good day to have no air or lights.  They will be back in the morning to finish up.

These old houses are hard to work on.  No crawl spaces and hardly any way into the attic unless you are a squirm worm.  They cut a hole in my new ceiling.  They had a hard time tracking down the bad circuit and wire.  That part is done.  Now it is basically cleaning up the mess and stuff.  I am glad the worst is over and the lights and air is back on.  I imagine they were finally happy to go home.  I was glad to see them go, mostly because it was such a humid, hot day.  I truly appreciate what they did and all they went through to get it done.  Their boss will probably send me a nice, big bill to let me show my appreciation.

A big bill is better than an electrical fire.  A big bill is better than sweltering in the heat with no power.  Thank you, "Big Bill."

As you may guess I am pretty tired and dragged out by the weather.  Tomorrow will be hotter than pork fat on a cast iron griddle.  I think I will just send this off and go to bed.
END

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Greetings Mabel,

Sorry to hear about all the troubles with the electricity. But you are right, that is much better than an electrical fire!!

I'll be praying the boss takes pity on you and the bill is not so big. My step-mother used to say, "it never rains but what it pours." I believe she was right. It always seems like something is going amiss to cause problems in our lives.

I am happy you have your a/c back up and running. If you area is like ours the worse of the heat is yet to come.

Hope you stay cool today and just rest up and not do much work.

Love, Alice