Wednesday, July 20, 2011

GRIDDLE ME

Oh griddle me, Oh griddle me.  Than turn me over; I think I am done-roasted to perfection.  Yes, it is that hot under the dome of America.  More to come, so says the weatherman.

I am working on getting the house back in order.  The lights are on and the A/C is humming along.  I have kept most of the lights off and the shades closed, but still, working in the humidity of Lake Bluegrass is taxing and you wear out fast.

This afternoon they came back to do a quick caulking and spot painting and I think they are finished.  I have been using the vacuum on the floors over and  over and still manage to pull stuff up.  Insulation has plugged the hose several times and you don't always see it until it is in the tube.

This morning I moved the couch to a more centered position.  Normally it takes 2 guys to move that couch; yes, it is that heavy.  I used a 2X2 as a fulcrum and slipped 4 of those slippy moving disks under the base.  That worked.  It was still  heavy, but slid-able on the sliders.  Of course, now I have a pain every time I take a deep breath, so I know that I strained a muscle  Well, it is a good thing that the human body can take a lot and keep on ticking!

I took the trash out and came in drenched.  My hair is wet, too.  I wonder what people did before A/C became widely available.  They had fans, but fans just move hot air around.  We are gonna have a lot of hot air, and not just from Washington.

END


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good morning Mabel,

I cancelled all my appointments for this week and next. With the fibromyalgia I just can't go out in this heat. Yesterday I had to go and pick up my medicines, pet food and a few things. By the time I got home I could barely walk. I still hurt in the air conditioning but not as bad.

When I was a kid we did not have a/c or even fans. I don't know how we did it but then again it did not seem as bad as it does today.

I pray got puts His hand down and busts that dome of heat we are under!! I have it pretty good compared to many. I don't know how the homeless, those without electricity or air conditioners are surviving in this horrible heat! I am praying for them too.

I am not even walking Rusty in this heat. He can take care of business in the yard and when the heat breaks or early some morning I will get out there with the pooper scooper. Even he understands it is just too hot to be walking. He is an old dog now. But he has learned to appreciate a good working air conditioner, LOL. He is a smart dog!!

Try to stay cool and don't over do it!!

Love, Alice