Monday, July 4, 2011

This is a happy cat.  It is not the stray that lives under my old motor home, but looks just like it except the cat that likes my front porch, the shade of the vehicle, and the birds it tries to catch, is a very thin cat.  Today that cat is a little happier.  I gave it an almost full can of spam.  The cat ate until I thought it would burst.

I have mentioned before that that cats are frequently abandoned from renters and the section 8 housing around the corner.  At one time I bought cat food for the few cats that showed up on my property.  Now, I put out what I have and Spam is what was in the refrigerator.   I don't like Spam, but once in a while I will open a can if I don't want to cook.  The cat loved the Spam and to my mind it is the next best thing to cat food.  Spam is like offal...er...I mean awful.  If you knew what it was made of and how it was made...you would call it offal, too.  I will eat it rather than starve.

We got a lot of rain.  It started getting dark Sunday afternoon and then the wind began to stir.  Around 6 PM the rains came.  It was not a violent storm, but the rain a good soaker.  It rained on and off through the night and into this morning.  It cooled down to 68 degrees overnight.  It isn't all that hot today, but oh, is it humid.  One good thing about the rain and humidity is that it will dampen the fireworks  and drinking a little bit.  It looks like rain for most of the week and hotalot-a new word for-hot a lot.

I spent a few hours cleaning up my old Dell computer by defragging, correcting errors, and registry errors.  Hope to have it as a backup for a long time "though it is a bit slow.  Even the speed is better now.

The cat didn't come back to finish what was left of its spam dinner.  It is probably sleeping it off somewhere.  Drunk on Spam?

I didn't work outside at all.  The ground is wet.  The woman next door mowed her wet grass; a good way to clog a mower.  Well, she didn't need to mow much as her back yard is about the size of a small drive way.  I doubt that you could park two cars there,  They also have  long access area that they use as a dog run.  It could be used as an off street parking driveway. The grass there is getting high and needs to be cut.  You can't buy a house here unless it has an access to the back ally because that is where the trash pick up takes place.  Or it is all over the place due to stray cats.  Cats gotta eat, too!

END



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good morning Mabel,

Aside from a few sprinkles we did not get any of the rain they were calling for over the last few days, just very hot and humid. It is a bit cooler this morning but not by much.

I spent most of Sunday before and after church taking pictures of our celebration downtown for the committee that set it up. I will post a few of those pictures on my blog this morning.

I have had to go out and water the garden a bit. Mostly to keep the straw damp so it would not blow all over the yard in the breeze and if the winds kicked up as predicted, but they did not, LOL.

I got some sun burn and a bit of sun poisoning on Sunday and spent most of yesterday trying to recover. I did get the new CD drive in my computer and hope to do a full recovery either this afternoon or tomorrow.

Not having any luck with the job situation. The one I thought I would get fell through so I am still looking but things really don't look good. Who says the economy is better? I know way too many people out of work and unable to find anything. Not just here but all over the country.

That cat is cute. He looks like he is praying. Maybe for more spam? LOL

Hope you have a good day and don't over do it!!

Love, Alice