Monday, August 10, 2009

BLOGGER-MANIA

I hope I don't write in too much in a paranoid vein. I try not to be too political; sometimes I fail. Renting is not my natural inclination, but sometimes I get flustered. I hope I don't come off as a know-it-all-jackass 'though I may have that tendency. The one thing that I dislike for sure is...vulgarity. I hate the four letter words that so many use so casually. I do admit to slipping out with s***t on rare occasion, if something untoward and surprising occurs. Thus, I try to keep my postings reasonably short; sometimes I get into the moment. Yet. I try.

I got perturbed when I saw that the nice peaches were on top of the box and bruised and battered peaches were underneath the good ones. Sneaky and not totally honest. I had to get rid of a lot of the bruising and even a few rotten spots before I could continue with my task. It didn't help the appearance of the peaches, but at least they are flavorful and done for the freezer.

Watching Glenn Beck this afternoon was like a prelude of what's to come. He says "I hope no one does anything stupid." Say it, someone will think it, and it will happen, then there will be internal strife...blood on the Flag. Be careful what you allude to, Glenn, because some idiot will take it as a condoned action point and apply action.

I am a "sort a prepper." I prep for hard times, bad weather and the unexpected-such as a debilitating injury. My stocking up got me through the ice storms and winter after I fractured my elbow in various places. I know, I have said this before, but time is flying and summer is sailing right down the mighty Ohio. Oh, it is hot now, Grasshopper; the heat and humidity will fry and wilt you now, but later your teeth will be chattering away like that pesky squirrel that gets into my garden.

There are some bloggers about that spend hours and hours on the Internet doing "research" and postings. That is just fine, but if they have wives, children, spouses or extended families, isn't that taking a lot of quality time from them? Being informed and prepped is commendable, but what is all for if those you care about are alienated? Do you think prepping should be "all out" or a reasonable insanity?" You know the meaning of paranoia? "Heightened awareness." LOL


END

1 comment:

d.a. said...

Hey, just because we're paranoid doesn't mean folks AREN'T out to get us... ;-)