Monday, August 31, 2009

A day for roaming

It is just about 11 P.M. and I just got home. I have been out all day; since about 10:45. Today was my friends birthday and we went out for lunch. Of course, we ate too much. After we ate we went and road around in part of the old cemetery. I wanted to get some pictures of some of the monuments and statuary. Some the markers are true works of art. I didn't take many and it is now too late to upload any of them.

There was one section just for soldiers. The some of the stones were so old and you couldn't read the inscriptions. Some were of WW Two. Many stones just had "Soldier" inscribed on them, possibly from the Civil War. I guess they were the unknown fallen solders from both sides. But it is sad that they didn't have names on the stones and no one to remember them.

We went back to Debbie's house and rolled quarters, nickles and dimes. She has saved her change for many years for a vacation. We rolled about $500. 00 worth of change. She had about $2o.00 dollars worth of money stolen from her car. Anyway she will have some spending money for her trip to Roam where she is headed in October. A vacation of a lifetime.

After we rolled coins we went to play Bingo at St.Ben's. Debbie won some money and I did, too. Not much, but I came out about $10.00 ahead. The big pot was $1000.00. I don't go in expecting to win, but as an entertainment. It is amazing how much some people do lose and leave in a unhappy state.

So, that was my day. I had two good meals, entertainment and was away from the phone all day 'though I think a certain niece tried to call me.

Tomorrow I hope to get a couple photos up of the statuary. It may not appeal to many, but I thought it was pretty.

END

No comments: