Saturday, August 15, 2009

Old and Slow

I have an older computer system that I keep on hand for "back up." It is old and slow, but does work. As I pay most of my bills on line I do keep it just in case something might happen to this little lap top and have it off line for a time. I wouldn't be able to post much, but I would be able to meet my obligations. Also, I can use it for word processing and just general documents and recipes. My "friend" Judy wanted/asked me to sell her the monitor as hers is fried. Actually, I think she was expecting me to just outright give it to her. When I told her that the computer system wouldn't work very well without the monitor...me thinks she got downright peeved. She makes $400. 00 bucks a week. I don't. She fritters her money away. She could probably go out and buy a monitor, but I think she thought she would get mine for free or nearly free. Not gonna happen.

I decided this would be a lazy day and I would just stay in. Besides, I have my nose deeply buried in a good book that I can't put down. I may even finish it tonight.

My niece Pat is doing very well after her surgery and she got to go home already. I spoke to her on the phone and she sounds worn out and tired, but doing OK. Beverly is not chasing Stu around with a crutch, as I alluded to, but likely she may feel like giving him a "whack" on occasion.

My other niece, Cindy, is trying to learn how to be a "prepper." The trick of being a "prepper" is don't eat everything you buy. But hey, life is a learning experience, isn't it. I sometimes do the same thing, but not too often. You have to give into your cravings once in a while. For me, it is Little Debbie Cakes; I do love 'em and I was surprised that my wt. wasn't any higher(high enough) when I went to the Dr. I have been trying to curb my lust for junk food/cakes and eat more boiled eggs, protein, oatmeal and green stuff. 20 lbs off would make me happy. My pulse was up a little this morning, btw.

Well, tomorrow being Sunday, I will not post. Maybe I will actually do something of consequence. like get up? LOl's

END

No comments: