Thursday, August 20, 2009

Far from the phone


I went out shopping just to get out of the house and away from the phone. If someone really needs to contact me they can leave a message or send out the National Guard. I stayed out as long as I could, but when I got back and opened the front door...the phone was ringing. I didn't answer it as I had bags in my hand and also needed to go the little girls room.


I didn't really buy a lot and I have to go back to Lowe's and exchange a chimney extension. I got the wrong size. While I was there I picked up the insulation strips and sealing foam that I was going to get next week. It is sad in a sense to see such a big store with only a few customers and the sales people falling all over themselves trying to help you out and make a sale. I guess that is good for me and good for the store.


I brought in a bunch of canned goods that I had left in the van. I need to store them away. I still have a few more cans to bring in. I have to use my "rolly cart" to bring the canned good in as my right arm wants to lift, but can't quiet handle the heavy stuff. That $10.00 wheeled cart was worth every bit of the ten bucks I paid for it.


Tomorrow I hope to start to clean out the garden a bit and toss some of the dying plants on the compost heap. I hope to pick off most of the little cherry tomatoes and pull the plants. There is an abundance of the cherry tomatoes, but only a few tomato plants. If I had planted the garden I would have had 10 to 15 tomato plants for canning and freezing. Live and learn. No sense in getting hyper over a garden, is there.


It is cooler today and cooler at night now. I looked at the tree next door and that tree's leaves are turning. I guess my tree will be next to turn. I planted that tree in the front yard when it was just about five feet high or so and about as big around as my thumb. You should see it now. When I first bought this house there was a really big Maple tree almost against the house. Part of it went over in a storm, landed on the fuse box next door and started a small fire. Needless to say, I had that tree removed.


After I got home from my trip out I fell asleep on the couch again. I think my slow pulse makes me sleepy. Snore, snore, yawn, yawn. Maybe if I get myself more active I can rev up my engine. Varoomm!


End

No comments: