Saturday, August 1, 2009

More seeds

I am going to shuck some purple bean seeds for next year and save them in an envelope. I will also save some Cantaloupe seeds as soon as they dry out. I have lots of empty envelopes waiting for some use.

My sister Beverly passed this hint on to me. She hollows out hot dog rolls and Hoagie/Sub bread for hot dogs and whatever they are fixing. She/they don't like all the bread that goes around a hot dog or Hoagie/Sub sandwich. She saves the bread that she hollows out, puts it in a plastic bag and then into the freezer. She uses that bread for stuffing/dressing.My mother used to save the bread heals for dressing, too. She would let the bread ends dry out and then add the appropriate seasonings for her dressing. She would stuff the bird or just cook it on the side in the roaster. We allways loved Mom's dressing and it was the "first to go" at Thanksgiving and Christmas. Our mother was a good cook and could make a meal out of nothing. By the way, most kids have a tendency to eat the hot dog, burger or meat and toss/waste the "holder" it came in.

My brother in Dallas is 78 years old and wants to find a job. Most of his savings are gone and his wife has a serious illness. Well, thank you Wall Street and the government of crafty, grafty elected and appointed thieves.

This day came off hot and humid. The Weather Man says we will now get the August heat that usually flows through and steams up the Ohio Valley. We are 6 inches above normal in rainfall thus far. More is coming and the roof isn't fixed yet. It is one thing to have a leak, but not into an electric light fixture.

I just finished off a good book and will start another this eve. I think I mentioned that I got some talking/CDs as well. TV, with the exception of a few good shows, has sunk into the "stupid pit." Reality shows are G.O.D. awful...yuck...to each his own, I guess. I started out liking "Lost" and then it just became goofy and dumb. Years ago I like the soap "Days of Our Lives" and then they wrote in a story line about the magic crystal/s and everyone trying to possess them. I stopped watching that show, too. Picky me.

END

No comments: