Friday, August 7, 2009

A day off

I took the day off from posting because of a faulty power pack that is attached to my modem. It was made in China, of course. I originally thought the modem was bad, but the guy from AT&T found the problem right away and as you can see, it is now fixed.

Most items that I might get at Wal-Mart are made in China and do not last long. I bought a carton of florescent light bulbs from Lowe's and half of them were defective-made in China. It is illegal to manufacture florescent lights in Ky. We don't want to pollute our blue grass. We would rather pollute China. Thus inferior products that are no longer inexpensive products. I bought an electric fry pan from Wal-Mart and the non-stick coating inside was bubbled-defective. Wal-Mart wouldn't take it back...said I had to contact the company who said they didn't have any in stock and call back in six months...by that time they hope you forget and I did.

I had my fence line cleaned out today. The weeds and trash trees grow on the other side of the fence, but block my alley and grow over the roof top as well. I go through this every year and have to spend my money to get rid of someone else's little forest of over growth and weeds. I wouldn't spend the money except that the city meter reader needs to get through the alleyway. The guy that owns that house never took care of his yard or house and never will.

My niece Patsy just got out of the hospital. She had been given too much steroid for poison ivy and became like a blimp overnight. Normally she is very thin and wiry. In the process of her health care they discovered that she has a tumor on her adrenal gland which sits on top of the kidney. I suppose that it was a blessing in away that they had found the tumor by accident. This is the same hospital that sent my sister home in a taxi cab and told her it was all in her head and that there was nothing wrong with her. Two hours later she was dead. The same hospital where my nephew bled to death from a ruptured aorta. He was just 20 yrs. old. Bad hospital, very bad.

I plan on going to the Amish farms tomorrow to get tomatoes. My tomatoes didn't produce enough for canning this year. We will see. Sometimes the best laid plans...you know.

END

1 comment:

d.a. said...

Tomatoes haven't done well at our house, either. :-(