Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Sticky stuff and floors

I didn't get much work done today, but I got about three or four qts. of the peaches in the freezer. I have some pears on the kitchen table to do and maybe enough tomatoes for three qts. The pears and peaches will taste good as the summer and fall winds down and the grind of winter woes becomes more apparent. I do wish I had more tomatoes. I got these before Chuck spied them. LOL's. I got two cabbages out of over 30, but that is OK. What I am really looking foreword to is the sweet potatoes ,which I love. I don't really know how to preserve them other than just putting them in storage. I know how to eat'um, though!

Debbie and I, minus her kidney, went down to her(their family owned)farm and dropped off some Ridex for the renter. She has done remarkably well after her surgery and I hope my niece Patsy does as well. Patsy has her surgery on Thursday, the day after her birthday.

I made a mess of the kitchen when I made/processed the peaches. Now I am trying to undo the chaos I created. My kitchen is not an ideal working kitchen. Not enough counter space or storage cabinets and it becomes hotter than hades even with the A/C running full tilt.

As I have indicated, I have just about finished stocking up on canned goods for winter. Now I guess it is time to think about meats. I have considered getting a half beef for the freezer, but my freezer is about full. I have two small freezers and of course, the freezer in the top of the refrigerator. They are for the most part, crammed full. Just about time to quit unless I spy a good meat sale. I think the Mormons are smart and have the right idea; it is part of their culture and religion to be prepared for whatever may be.

I guess tomorrow I will continue to "clean up" for the next mess I am bound to make. I got all the pots, pans and utensils done and ready go for the tomatoes and pears. I think tomorrow will be a good day to go get a hair cut, too. That is about for this day.

END

No comments: