Friday, August 21, 2009

Life in the Pretty Lane

The grass has been mowed and the yard trimed; it looks good. I wish my neighbors would take a hint and get theirs done, too. But then what can you expect here in the "inner city." This used to be a very fine neighborhood, but all the oder folks have passed away or got of this area.



I tried to get my old mower started, but all I did was aggrivate my arm. I wish I could get rid of all those pins in my elbow.



The price of gas jumped almost 30 cents overnight, but as I read stocks and bonds yesterday, the price of oil was holding steady. What ever happened to anti-monopoly laws? Every brand goes up at the same time and right before a holiday. Where is the government oversight? I believe the high price of energy is in great part responsible for the recession/depression. If all your income is going into the gas tank how can people spend their money on any thing else?



This has been another pretty day even though it was hot; it wasn't humid. Saturday is supposed to be nice, also.



I will be changing over to Insight Communications sometime in early September. I have had less than stellar service with AT&T. The Internet fades in and out far too often. It is time for a change.



I have some more zucchini and squash to take care of. Also, have some okra. The thing about okra is that you can pick it every day and still not keep up with it. I do like it 'though, breaded and deep fried. I have about shot my wad on information other than the mundane daily odds and ends. I suppose I could "borrow" a few raving rants from other blog sites...nahh.


END

No comments: