Monday, August 17, 2009

Phone-ary

OK, maybe I won't change my phone number, but I sure feel like it. I have a FIH...that is a...family induced headache. Am I the family psychiatrist? No, but if I charged by the hour for all the time and stress I get put through I'd be rich. Time on the phone by the hour...yes, by the hour, is time lost. I think I will add to my answering machine, "Don't call me, I'll call you." Maybe. Good thing no one has my cell number!

I didn't have enough tomatoes for canning and the work that it entails. I skinned what I had and froze about two quarts and ate some in a salad.

I stayed home in out of the heat and almost finished watching a video...and then it was the phone ringing. I missed the end of the movie. Tonight I will absolutely not pick up the phone. I would like to have some peace and quite.

I may go to St. Minerads tomorrow and buy some items from their gift shop. I once had cheese from the Trappist Monastery and it was the very best cheese I ever ate. Since then, they got rid of their cows...no more cheese from there. My mother used to make very good cottage cheese. The cottage cheese you buy is all right, but does not compare.

For some reason I can not sleep on an empty or even slightly empty stomach. I have to get up out of bed and find something to calm the tummy growlers. They say if you want to lose weight you should never eat before going to bed. After I feed the stomach gremlins I can go to sleep and not worry about the weight. Besides, winter is waiting in the wings and I may need the calories for hibernation time.

I am looking forward to September and hopefully cooler weather. The garden is dying back and I noticed a few brown leaves here and there. I guess the leaves will soon turn. I have seen them in the mountains of Penn. already turned by late Aug. August is fading fast and in just a couple weeks it will be gone.

I really don't have much to add because the phone has been constantly ringing and I can't get anything done, go anywhere or even go to the bathroom. Now I know how my mother used to feel when we were kids and always yelling "Maw, Maw!"

Chuck just came over from across the street where he is putting in a deck. He dug up some of the biggest, fattest carrots I have ever seen. They were planted late, but grew like mad. I haven't ever seen carrots like these in any store. BIG!

END

No comments: