Wednesday, August 26, 2009

BLOOD PRESSURE

Does Turmeric work or is it all "mind over matter?" Maybe both. My blood pressure was running a bit to high and pulse too slow, even with medication and a new addition to it. Well, it is slightly high in the morning, but was climbing even higher in the day time. So I started taking the Turmeric again, as stated. I put in my milk, in my coffee and on regular food. When I got up the B/P was a little high and the pulse too slow, but by afternoon it was 112/69 and pulse of 69. That is good and that is where I want it. Will it stay that way? Time will tell and I will keep tabs on it.



I picked off what green beans were left in the garden after someones harvest and got about two cups of beans. Half of the beans are in the steamer right now and I smell them cooking along with some sausage, a very small potato and a carrot. The steamer gets out most of the fat from the sausage and that is good. No one needs all that cholesterol, but I like all the stuff that isn't good for me.



While in the garden I salvaged what tomatoes I could. There may be enough, maybe a quart, to put into the freezer with a few leftover to eat. Every little bit counts in this economy.



I think that I will get some rotisserie chicken from Wal- mart to put into the freezer. They are already cooked and not much more expensive than a regular uncooked chicken. It keeps from heating up the kitchen, the preparation and cleaning up.



The local news paper called this morning and wanted to do a short follow-up story about the chickens-I once had. The chickens are long gone, thanks to the elitist, backward thinking City of Henderson. He can write about it if he wants too. He asked me how much I was out and I told him about $500 to $600 dollars which is true and that doesn't count time, labor and aggravation from the city. He knew that other people in town were raising chickens, as did I, but you can not name names.



I watched Glenn Beck today as I do most days and fell asleep as I do most days, but I got the gist of the message. It makes you wonder what America will be like in ten years.

Here is a short video to help you keep cool in these last days of summer. No, they are not mine; they are public downloads.




No comments: