Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Gurgle, gurgle

For me, a computer and the Internet is a minor luxury. In the city next door every student is getting a computer to take home for the year along with the required books. At the same time that unnamed city is cutting jobs, holing any raises back and no longer funding the retirement funds for city employees. For this year...they say. But every kid gets a computer. See Your taxes at work.

The worst of the rain has passed just to the north of here in Western Ky., but has visited Louisville with copious amt.s of rain. They got six inches in three hours. They probably wish the had an Ark because there was a lot of flooding in that city. We will get hours later this evening.

I did get back to Lowe's and returned the chimney topper. I hope this one fits. In the meantime I guess I will have water running down the wall and have to deal with that.

I didn't do any shopping or stocking up today. Just bought what I had to buy for the stove pipe. One of the stores is having a sale on pork so I guess I will get some for the freezer on the morrow.

I have been cutting off the fat from meat products and freezing for later use. You can cook or season with the fat. After all, that is where lard comes from; fat pigs. My mother did a lot of cooking with fatback in an old cast iron frying pan.

A lot of people worry about eating pork, beef, or bacon fat. If you are a hard working individual you won't need to concern yourself because you will burn it off. I have taken care of a lot of older people who ate what they wanted and lived well into their nineties. They were pretty healthy over the long run because they had worked off the calories and cholesterol. BTW, your body manufactures cholesterol naturally and you can not live without. You need a certain amt. of fat.

Today I received several phone calls that were long drawn out conversations relating to phycological problems. I am not a phycologist; I don't' know the answers and besides they don't listen anyway. Hmmm, just got another ph. call from my niece, wondering if I was under water. Nope..gurgle, gurgle.

END

No comments: