Friday, August 14, 2009

Pulse 51

Yeah, that's right, my pulse is low and has been running low. I suppose that is why I get so sleepy and tired and don't get much done. The Dr. has taken me off that one B/P pill and I am to take my B/P every day and report back to him next week. Some Doctors prefer that their patients have low/slow heart rates, but I want to get up&at'em. I want some of that giddy-up-go stuff that I had ...oh, 40 years ago.



I went and got my milk and eggs at the regular grocery store and I looked at the Cornish Hens there ...as in price comparing. I paid $2.49 at Save A Lot and at the reg grocery store they are $3.39 each. So, I saved nearly $1.00 apiece the other day. I will get some more next month...at Save A Lot.



The man from the gas company came and changed out the gas meter and re-lite the pilot lights on the hot water tank and furnace. I asked him to just shut off the valve that feeds gas to the kitchen stove for now. I don't use that stove all that often and I can't can/preserve the way I would like to. I will just use the electric stove and the kitchen will be slightly cooler without four pilot lights burning. If it gets cold this winter I will have them turned back on just in case the power goes down.



Yesterday was a gorgeous day with low humidity. Today was hot and humid. The gas man had sweat dripping off his nose. I'll bet he was looking froward to the end of the day.



I think next week I will make my run to Lowe's and get some weather stripping and stuff. I think I can tack that up around the doors OK and if I can't, maybe I can use my electric staple gun. I hope next week will be slightly cooler and my giddy-up-go makes a comes back from where ever it roamed off to. All I do is yawn. I hope D.A. is over her cold soon and my sister Beverly is able to chase Stu around the house on her crutch...if she can't chase him, maybe she can give him a whack...LOL!



END

1 comment:

d.a. said...

Thanks for the well wishes! Slept most of the weekend. Spouse will be gone for the week starting tomorrow, so sick or not, gotta get it into gear.