Friday, September 24, 2010

Crickets

The crickets are coming in. They are everywhere. They come in every fall and chirp all night. I often have the back door open and they come right in and make themselves at home. I guess they are looking for cool place out of the sun. Even though it is autumn we have had some record breaking heat this past week. So, who can blame Jiminy Cricket for wanting to share a little air conditioning. I would rather they checked into another hotel, but there they are.

When I was small my mother used to go out and turn over rocks to catch crickets and grab fireflies at night to put in a jar... supposedly make me go to sleep while listening to the crickets and watching the lightning bugs. Did it work? I will have to ask Beverly.

I only got a few things accomplished today. Maybe a little more tomorrow; a little each day. After all, it did take me a while to accumulate all this stuff. It is taking me a while to get rid of it. The earth wasn't formed in a day and neither was all this "junk" gathered that I managed to "hoard." When I say "hoard" I don't mean it in the true sense of the word. You can get through my house and the trash is always put out and the dishes washed. I just have too much/ many material blessing. Now I am blessing the Salvation Army with what ever I don't need. Maybe someone else has a greater need.

I have been sleepy all day. Anytime I eat-I get sleepy. I have really enjoyed my Bean Soup. I put a coupe qts. in the freezer as I said I would. I tried Creekmore's remedy for gas and it seems to work. He says that if you put one potato into your Bean Soup when you cook it...It will absorb the "gas." Either he is right or my stomach is used to Bean Soup.I hope to be more ambitious tomorrow...Saturday...but I won't write that on ice. And that is because my arm was hurting of and on this day, but tomorrow I may be able to lift bricks, stones or be like Atlas who carried the world on his shoulders.
****
LOOK AT THE BIRDS THEY DO NOT PLANT SEEDS
GATHER A HARVEST AND PUT IT IN BARNS
YET YOUR FATHER IN HEAVEN TAKES CARE OF THEM
AREN'T YOU WORTH MUCH MORE THAN BIRDS?
MATTHEW 6:22
****
END

No comments: