Saturday, September 4, 2010

PEANUT BRITTLE

Here is a recipe that is quick and easy and taste good, too. You can do it in your microwave. Total cooking time is about 12 to 15 minutes.


PEANUT BRITTLE
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 3/4 cups dry-roasted
unsalted peanuts
1 tablespoon butter
or margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
Generously grease a baking sheet. In a two quart mirco-proof bowl, combine sugar and corn syrup. Use COOK cycle and cook for 6 - 7 minutes or until mixture reaches 300 degrees F. on a micro-proof candy thermometer or a small amount separates into hard, brittle threads when dropped in cold water. Stir in butter and vanilla. Blend in baking soda and stir until mixture becomes lite and foamy. Pour on to prepared sheet and spread quickly. As the candy cools stretch into a thin sheet using buttered hands. Cool completely. Break into pieces and store in an airtight container.
Save some for me.
I cooked Chicken and Rice in my digital-electric pressure cooker. It only took five minutes to cook. I don't remember if I have posted that recipe or not, but I may post it again or a version of it.
The temperature is predicted to go down to 54 degrees tonight...good sleeping weather. It will be in the 70's or low 80's tomorrow. A very fine Labor Day Week-End. Next week it will get back up in the low 90's, but don't expect it to last long.
For some reason I have been very sleepy today. I finished all my reading, so it wasn't that keeping me awakeat night. I slept very well, but I putter around too long before gong to bed. I guess my clock is still set on the old work schedule and it won't reset. Sigh.
END

No comments: