Thursday, September 9, 2010

What flower is this








These small, delicate flowers are all over the vines that grow along and on the fence. They have a nice fragrance. I know they are not Morning Glories, yet I don't know what they are. I almost hate to tear them off they fence. Yes, I got too close with the camera.
I tried to take some shots of the flocks of birds that seem to make my yard their own personal "bird port," but my camera didn't show them well enough and they were too fast for me. They were too fast for a pure black cat that was stealthily creeping up on them as they were enjoying the grapes that fell to the ground under the Grape Vine. Just as Cat was ready to pounce the birds took off. They didn't come back for quiet some time.
The birds seem to have their own kind of security. Finally, one will land in the yard and hang out without moving, then fly away. Then another bird will immediately take its place and hang out and be still. Finally, they will all come back and start to feed. They are wary of a Cat Attack.
I chose to do very little today. Oh, tired me. I found a good movie on TV and watched it most of the afternoon. Of course, the phone started ringing. Oops, no one's home. Leave a message. The phone is in another room, in the middle of the house. I have to go from one area to another area to answer it.
The A/C in the living room was off all night and today. The unit in the kitchen was off all night and most of the day, as well. I did turn it on around 5:30 P.M. because it was getting humid and stuffy ahead of a predicted storm. Where the storm went, I can not say. So far as I can tell, "It went that away."
END







1 comment:

Andrea said...

They look like the honeysuckle that's growing wild at the back of our property...but it's difficult to tell. Google honeysuckle and you'll get lots of pictures to compare.