Monday, September 27, 2010

Things to go





Now you see it

Now you don't

The Salvation Army truck finally came and picked up the table and chairs from the front porch. I added some other things to go. They are not in the picture. Lots of leaves to sweep off. The furniture has been waiting for pick up for a good week now and I am glad it is gone now. People have been driving by and staring at the porch. The batteries in the camera are getting low and a couple pictures were fuzzy.

"You Know Who came by last evening to pick up a big bag of plastic bags to use in her yard sale. She also promised to bring me some apples which she didn't do. She is not very good at keeping her word. I didn't expect her to. I don't believe in making promises or commitments that can not be kept or even intended to be fulfilled. It is what politicians do and people with low standards of ethics...lip service and or lies. Good thing I can buy my own apples.

While she and her husband were here, they were craning their necks to see what they could see. Judy spotted a beautiful, new lamp and said she wanted it "further down the road." I guess she thinks when I am no longer mortal and walking the earth...she will get it. Nah. I did give her a few odds 'n ends for her yard sale. I was going to take them to the drop box anyway. Now I won't have to make the trip. I still need to gather up some more things to take to the Salvation Army, but I will give myself a few days off.
I went to the store to get a couple items and looked for some paint to spray on the old maple chair that I am keeping. I didn't find the color I wanted at the "cheap" store, but the chair is in need of refinishing.

****

GOD, GRANT ME
THE SERENITY
TO ACCEPT
THE THINGS I
CANNOT CHANGE
COURAGE TO
CHANGE THE THE
THINGS I CAN
AND WISDOM
TO KNOW THE
DIFFERENCE

****
Serenity prayer of St. Francis
END

































No comments: