Friday, September 17, 2010

Just so

RICE STUFFED PEPPERS
4 bell peppers
1 small onion, chopped
a few stalks celery, chopped
10 mushrooms, sliced
2 Tbs. of oil
2 cups cooked rice
1 cup tomato sauce
1 cup cheese, grated
Wash peppers, remove stems and inside seeds. In large pot par boil peppers, remove from pot and allow peppers to dry. In large skillet saute' onions, mushrooms and celery in oil. Add rice, tomato sauce, and cheese to skillet and simmer for a few minutes. Fill peppers with rice stuffing and place them on a cookie sheet. Place in oven and bake for about 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Good with a salad. You have a balanced meal-rice, a carbohydrate, peppers and tomato sauce for vegetables and fiber. You may add cooked crumbled hamburger meat or chopped chicken to the stuffing mix, if you wish. However, you can count the cheese a a protein. Makes about 4 servings.
I love stuffed peppers 'though I don't make them often for just myself. If you still have a garden this is a yummy way use up your green peppers.
****
BEATITUDES
1. Blessed are the poor in spirit;
for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven
2. Blessed are the meek;
for the shall posses the land
3 Blessed are those that mourn;
for they shall be comforted
4. Blessed are those that hunger
and thirst after justice;
for they shall have their full
5. Blessed are the merciful;
for they shall obtain mercy
6. Blessed are the clean of heat;
for they shall see God
7. Blessed are the peacemakers;
for they shall be called the children of God
8. Blessed are they that suffer prosecution
for justice sake;
for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven
****
Just a reminder to myself and to anyone that is interested. I know I often take these truths for
granted and that all the world abides by the 10 Commandments and the Beatitudes. Not so.
Anyway, I continue my endeavors to de-junk and made more progress today 'though it is slow going for me. My arm doesn't want to do everything I tell it...when I tell it. Sometimes I forget and try to bend it too far and then say &*%$. Shame on me!
This afternoon I stepped out the back door and something shot away from my feet and hid under the smoker. It was a dark gray salamander/lizard. I waited to see if it would change colors and blend into the concrete which is lighter, but I guess it was happy with itself as it was. Which is more than you can say about a lot of bi-pedal people I know. The salamander is supposed to be an amphibian; the little lizard was way out of it's element.
END

No comments: