Tuesday, September 14, 2010

SEABURGERS

SEABURGERS
1 can of Mackerel, drained and flaked
2 eggs beaten slightly
1/3 cup of saltine cracker crumbs
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp. salt
Cornmeal
Combine Mackerel, eggs, crumbs, onion, pepper and salt: mix well. Shape into four patties. Coat with Cornmeal. Brown in hot oil on both sides 3 to 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Makes about four servings. You may add a slice of cheese in the last minute of cooking. Enjoy as is or on a bun with all your favorites amenities. I gave my Mackerel Cakes a fancy name.
****
I added this simple recipe because a while back I found Mackerel on sale for $1.00 per can. It makes an inexpensive meal and you can tweak it in many ways.
Speaking of tweaking: I continue to make little changes to this site. I hope to make it more eye appealing, but it is by trial and error as I am not an expert.
I didn't get much done today. The phone has kept me running. I was tired and slept late, besides. I went to bed fairly early(for me), but didn't sleep well. I was awake off and on through out the night.
Do you remember the very first prayer you learned as a child? If we and life could be as simple and uncomplicated as it was when we were small.
NOW I LAY ME DOWN TO SEEP
I PRAY THE LORD MY SOUL TO KEEP
IF I SHOULD DIE BEFORE I WAKE
I PRAY THE LORD
MY SOUL TO TAKE
Does anyone teach their children this little verse any more??
END

No comments: