Monday, September 20, 2010

Less is more...more or less




On the bottom of my bed there is the dark green quilt that my niece made and sent to me. On the reverse side is a Christmas motif. It is heavy and warm. On the floor is...junk. LOL! I am still going through stuff and getting rid of a 25 year accumulation. Today I took a stack of Mother Earth magazines to the Salvation Army.
Last evening some friends called to let me know they were bringing more country eggs. I took about 25 dozen over to the nursing home. I kept two dozen for me. I asked first before I kept them.
Tomorrow I will pack up some more things to take to The Salvation Army. I can't believe all the odds and ends I have. The Salvation Army will come pick up a kitchen table and four chairs next Monday. They are about 50 years old, but are solid. I had used the table for the to put the big computer on for a long time. The chairs go with the table and I could still use them, but there is only so much room in this small house. I don't really need eight chairs: I can only sit in one at a time. I have four in the kitchen, and an old, wooden maple chair on the back porch. Way too much in the way and to clean around and under. Bye bye to more items that have found a cramped place in this house...Less is more.
I don't know who wrote this.
"Life is real; Life is earnest!
And the grave is not its goal;
Dust thou art, to dust returnest,
Was not spoken of the soul.
Not enjoyment, and not sorrow,
is our destined end or way;
But to act that each to-morrow
Find us further than today."
End

No comments: