Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Maple Chair

I started working on the Maple chair today. I am using steel wool to get all the loose finish off. It is almost ready to paint. I went to Big Lots and got a couple cans of white spray paint. There wasn't a big selection on paint. I looked for stencils or decals to put on the chair. I didn't find either one. I will go ahead and paint it and look for the stencils or decals later. It will have to dry well anyway. I should have taken a "before" picture, but still can do so tomorrow.

I watched the last "Colony" episode this evening. I enjoyed watching each of the eight shows. I think they ended it too early with the conclusion hanging just a little bit.

Anyway, Judy called me(several) times today. I only answered once. She is ticked off because an elderly lady called her this morning around 8 A.M. Well, she started ringing my phone at 8:45 A.M., I suppose, to tell me all about it. She made this old lady promises and she is now reneging on her word because there is work involved. When I finally did answer her late this afternoon she managed to find fault with what I was trying to do with the chair. "Oh, I never use spray paint. I use a brush because I don't want to have drips and runs." Yeah, well I am about to use spray paint. I am not going to spend a lot of time on that old chair. It's my chair and my decision. So there. I am not in a very charitable mood.
****
LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR
AS YOURSELF
Matthew 22:39
****
It is hard to practice what you preach.
END

No comments: