Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Work in progress


This the chair I'm working on. I started painting it white this afternoon. I didn't really care for the way it was turning out so I got an old can of brownish acrylic paint out and started using that. I got the underside covered fairly well, but it will need some touch-up work here and there. I'll paint the seat and back tomorrow and do the touch-up painting later. I have lots of time so I am not in a hurry.
Acrylic paint goes on OK, but doesn't really like pre-finished...painted objects, such as lacquer or enameled surface's. The paint drys quickly and the brush is easy to wash out with soap and water. I started out with a foam brush, but little pieces of foam were sticking to the paint, so I reverted to a small paint brush. It may take me a few days to complete this project, but my time is my own.
I have in mind a couple other painting or re-purposing projects, but I will see how this one goes first and how long this beautiful weather holds out. And I will try to get more pictures of the chair up as I progress.
I was hungry for something good, but didn't know what I wanted. I fried up a pan full of sliced potatoes, onions and bacon...it was an old fashioned, satisfying meal.
Last year I had to turn the heat on early in September. I think even 'though the nights are cooler, the days are superb. I can live with that. September of 2010 is almost a memory, going...going...
****
A CHEERFUL LOOK BRINGS JOY
TO THE HEART, AND GOOD NEWS
GIVES HEALTH TO THE BONES.
Proverbs 15:30
****
END

No comments: