Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Pruning brush

VIRGINIA CREEPER




I've been outside working and continue to "clean" out the fence line. I have a good pile of brush that I trimmed back this afternoon. I noticed that some of it is engulfing the chain link fence and pulling up the bricks that line the ally. The tree is on the other side of the fence, but is doing damage on my side. I did a fair amount, but did stop as the temperature was 97 degrees. I will do some more "removal" tomorrow. I need to bag up as much as I can for pick up on Thursday morning.
I took some books back to the library today. Now that school is back in secession there isn't any place to park near the library. I did a lop-sided park and just dropped the book in the drop off box. I didn't stay long at all, parked as I was.

W actually got rain this afternoon. A whole whopping 2/10 of an inch. At least it will dampen the dust down a little. There is a burn ban up now; I don't know why they didn't have it up earlier. The ground is so dry that the worms are carrying canteens. The grass is dry and brittle. The only thing growing and green, is the Morning Glories and Virgina Creeper vines along the fence. Both these vines, 'though pretty, are very invasive and will ruin a chain link fence. Then they will take over your yard and garden.

I don't think I will bother with a garden next year. For all the work, time and money I put into it, I got very poor results. I picked off a few Roma Tomatoes today, enough for a salad. The tomatoes are really done for. They are not even putting off blossoms. They are ready to be pulled up or mowed under.

I "talked" a little bit with Patsy on Face Book this eve. She says Aunt Alma has been in the hospital and about to go home. She is getting up in age and has been on dialysis for a while. And she met Uncle Derby. We have so many relatives that we don't even know who they are.
Anyway, that's all I know. What do you know?

No comments: