Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Gone for a Song


I sold my antique radio today. I paid $50.00 for it about 30 years ago. I got $40.00 dollars for it. It is just like the one pictured above and had a "green eye" that lit up when you turned it on. I let it go in order to have more room and less clutter. I also took a back full of old jogger shoes to the Salvation Army drop box. I'm thinking of getting rid of most of my canning jars, but haven't made up my mind yet. Getting rid of clutter is a good time to get rid if spider webs and dust bunnies that lurk behind furniture and even sometimes hang from the ceiling. The more that is cleared out the better I like it. It gives me a more "open space" feel in this small house. Yes, yes, yes, I have a lot to do yet.

There was a big flurry over Obama attending Mass. I think he wants to be a big hit with the great, unwashed masses of America...a political ploy, to be sure. Anyway, it probably didn't him a bit. Next thing you know he will be carrying a Papal Crosier(staff) and wearing a tall pointy hat on his tall pointy head, saying "Bless you my minions, I bring you change you can count on."

Today we broke a 55 year old record; 98 degrees...very hot and very dry. If we are breaking records now, what will the weather later in the fall and winter season?

I finish with this:

THE MOUTH OF THE JUST MAN TELLS OF WISDOM

AND HIS TONGUE UTTERS WHAT IS RIGHT

AND THE LAW OF HIS GOD IS IN HIS HEART

AND HIS STEPS DO NOT FALTER

Part of Psalm 36

END

No comments: