Wednesday, June 15, 2011

DULL IS GOOD AT TIMES

It has been a dull day.  Other than doing what was necessary and dragging the patio umbrella out into the ally for trash pick-up in the morning, I have been lazy.  Tomorrow I need to get busy.

The little mouse came back, but this time I caught it in a bag and put it in the trash can.  Sorry, mouse.

 PLEASURE HUNT
*
Who says there's nothing here to do
And life for them gets boring...
You'll never find me idle or
in bed just merely snoring.
*
There's books to read and weeds to pull
Flowers that need smelling...
And roads to walk and streams to wade
And stories that need telling.
*
There's friends to cheer, when life gets drear
And gardens that need hoeing...
Or take the boat down to the creek
To fish or go a-rowing.
*
The song birds need a listening ear
God's creatures need attention...
Roll up your sleeves and go to work
That will rid you of your tension.
*
Lavonne Childers Minigh
*
END

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Greetings Mabel!!

Loved, loved, loved that poem at the end!! How true it is, there is always something to do.

My plans for today is to get the desks cleaned off so I can get them moved into my office this afternoon. That is going to be a job but I am ready to kick into high gear right after I finish my coffee. My friend Tom will be over around 2pm to help me move them. I will be so happy to have that part of the job done!!

I need to write a little on my blog while I have my coffee too.

It is quite cool this morning and wish I had time to get in my garden, it needs weeding again. But this really needs to be done first.

Hope you have a good day. I am doing as well as can be expected under the circumstances.

Love, Alice