Friday, June 24, 2011

Hits and misses

I am doing my post in hits and misses; a little here-a little there or whenever something strikes me to mention.
I got up and cleaned most of my canning things up.  I still need to wipe the stove off, but it isn't too bad.  Swept the kitchen floor and then went over it with the vacuum.  I seem capable of making some good messes.  Then I washed(scrubbed) the broom out in the bath tub and turned it upside down to drain and dry in the bath tub.  I read once that you should wash your broom out every so often because the bristles get to the point that the broom is just moving the dirt around.  I vacuumed the bedroom a little, but need to do a better job of it later.

I have been intending to get the van washed; it surely needed it.  So, that is what was also taken care of.  It now looks like a new van, all shiny and bright.

I went and got a new sealing ring for the canner while it was fresh on my mind.  Then a zip trip to the Dollar Tree where I bought a couple of plastic containers to organize my canning lids, rings and tools in.  They are actually food containers, but the same size and price as a plastic shoe box.

I want to get a new pressure gauge for my other canner that I bought from Sears about twenty years ago.  It never worked right and I had it tested by the  Farm Bureau Extension Agency.  They cost about $30.00 dollars so I am putting that off for now because insurance is due on the van. 

I just came back from Wal-Mart.  I took that little Acer back and got a better one.  Yesterday I tried to download a program and it didn't have enough memory for it.  A new computer without enough memory...sigh.  Also, have not been able to get on the Internet without an Ethernet cord and that was very inconvenient.  Could not get the clock to set the right time.  I got tired of fooling with it and took it back.  I wasn't able to delete my bank account site so I just got finished setting up a new log on and password.  It was a pain to use, so it is gone.  Back to where it came from...China...I hope.

and that is the END of that.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good morning Mabel!!

Sounds like you had a busy day. I have one planned for today as we are suppose to get rain in later I am heading to the garden soon to get the weeding caught up. Then I will run down to my friend's place and pick up a couple of more bales of straw and throw it on the garden. The plants seem to be really liking it, especially tomatoe plants.

I have a new CD drive ordered for my computer which should be here by Friday. I will install it and then to a complete reformatiing of the hard drive and get this computer back in tip top shape, which it needs badly.

The weather man is telling me it is going to start raining later today and rain for several days. I guess I better hop to it, LOL.

Have a good day!
Love, Alice