Monday, June 13, 2011

"THIS DAY..."

"THIS DAY GOD MADE, A BRIGHT AND GLORIOUS DAY..."

Now this was the kind of day that we all look forward to having.

I worked outside the better part of the day so I am tired.  It was a cloudy kind of day...not too hot...with a soft breeze to cool my brow, just the kind of day for getting things done.

I got the front yard mowed, reached over my head and trimmed some of the low hanging branches off the tree, (best I could) pruned along the fence in the front, and up part of one side of the fence on the other side.  I got most of what I pruned cut down to size and bagged.  I hope we don't have rain tonight because I didn't get the other side cut down to size and bagged yet.  I literly ran out of (physical) gas and decided that was enough for one day.  Do I have a lot more to do?  You bet your Bippy.  Another day, soon I hope.

I will not write too much tonight.  Beverly is one her ways to Denver and points west, early in the A.M.  I hope it is a good trip and the weather is good for their traveling.  Oh, I forgot...Stu is going , too!

*

LIVING THE WORD
*
Folks go to church on Sunday
And think they "have it made,"
But there are six more days in which
To practice what we've prayed.
You can't just read the Scriptures,
You have to live them, too.
And in your soul you must believe
God knows what's best for you.
Life takes a lot more giving,
Than most of us condone,
But everything belongs to God
...And nothing is our own.

*
Grace E. Easley

END

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Greetings Mabel!!

Sounds like you sure got a lot done!! I wish I could have worked outside yesterday but by the time I got back from the physical therapist I could not even stand up straight. I'm still waiting on the doctor about my back and shot problems but she doesn't seem to want to call me back.

I am doing laundry this morning and going to meet a friend for an early lunch. Sharon was my domestic violence advocate when I left my ex husband and we have become friends. She is a good person, I like her a lot.

When I get back from that I hope to start getting my office set up. I have worked on it just a little at a time but I need to get into high gear. Frank is definitely leaving the end of August if not sooner. Thank God!! I will be very happy to get this burden off my shoulders.

It will be raining here on and off for the next several days, so a good time to get the office set up.

Have a great day!
Love, Alice