Saturday, June 18, 2011

I checked the radar
The radar said
It is raining hard
go back to bed

No, I didn't go back to bed.  We did have a pretty good Thunder and Lightning Storm though.

I went out to Wal-Mart to buy that new computer.  They didn't have the one that was advertised-imaging that.  So, I got one that was the same model and with the same memory as my fried Acer.  "Bait and Switch."  It is supposed to be illegal, but done all the time...try and prove it.

I will set it up tomorrow when I have nothing planned.  My little Acer did last me about 5 years, so if this one lasts as long...well, that will be OK.

I just set a mouse trap.  Of course. it tried to "bite" my fingers.  I don't like traps, but hate sticky traps even worse.  I know that where there is one there is probably a whole family of mouseketeers and now they are starting to leave me little calling cards.

I went out and looked at my plants.  The rain did them good.  I still don't see any blossoms.  Where are the blossoms?

This afternoon I re-watched an old black and white video of the LITTLE RASCALS.  I am getting ready to cull my videos and take them to the library.  I have a collection of Bob Hope and Bing Crosby's old comedies, some are in color and some are black and white.  Slapstick was so good and relaxing.  You didn't have to think about the plot, the sub plots or the ratings.  You could just sit back and enjoy the silliness.

On Monday I get to go back to the eye doctor and have my pressure checked.  I hope it is better after spending my hard earned "entitlement" money these past few weeks.  I guess if it isn't I will spit nickles.  I am taking my glasses off to read now.  Up close and personal kind of reading.  I have to do that to read fine print, anyway.  I have to take my glasses off in order to see..hee hee.

I guess Beverly and Stu are busy panning for gold out there in the hills of Colorado...or maybe not.  I hope they are having a good vacation and visit.

Tomorrow I will check the online grocery ads for our local stores.  Gas has dropped to $3.36...for now.  You know it will be back up for the 4th of July.  If my father were still alive he would be 101 on the fourth of July.

I finely got the little picture hooks while I was at Wal-Mart.  I don't go to Wal-Mart all that often.  Imagine my surprise when I found out they no longer had a Lay Away.  I wonder what people do for Christmas...I need to get out more!

END

P.S.  Alice send me blossoms for my plants!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good morning to you Mabel!!

We had the thunder, lightening, winds and rain last night. I noticed this morning I have a lot of little twigs and branches in my yard again to pick up.

I finally managed to get some straw on my garden yesterday before the rains came. I found a place to buy bales and bought two of them. My friend Caleb and my landlord came to my rescue in getting them out of the car and back to the garden. Such a blessing to have good friends to pitch in when needed! I am thinking I will need 3 more bales total as I am going to cover the entire garden with it after I get the weeding finished Monday morning. That will help cut back on the amount of work I have to do and help hold the moisture in from the high temperatures and I won't have to water as much.

The garden looks like it is coming along nicely although the corn is slow and will be late this year, I should still get some and that is the main thing. I don't know why you don't have blossoms yet as you got your garden in a little before me and my tomatoes are full of them. More on the Roma's but the Celebrities are blossoming up now too.

It's funny you mentioned your dad's birthday as I was telling your niece Cookie not too long ago I was pretty sure it was on July 4th and I thought he looked a lot like Abe Lincoln when I was a kid, LOL. Not sure if you remember the "money tree" your mother planted when I was real little and how I thought it would grow real money, LOL. I was pretty stupid I guess. I told her that story too. Cookie really wants to know about her dad's side of the family and get to know you all better. She seems like a real nice girl who has had a lot of heartache in her life. We chat/message often on facebook. She is really into the "homesteading" life, simplifying things, being prepared, stocking up etc. I told her she could gain a lot of information on that from you as you are very knowledgeable. I do hope you two get to know each other better. :-)

Today is Father's Day and I miss my dad too. He wasn't very nice when I was a kid but the last 15 years of his life he quit drinking and we had a great relationship. We are having a pot luck at church today for the dad's. It should be nice. :-)

Hope you have a great day!
Love, Alice