Friday, June 3, 2011

Nothing Much

I keep looking out the back door and thinking that I should get out there an mow the grass, but I have put it off, waiting for some muscle relief.  The pulled muscle is getting better, but it is taking it's time and I just don't want to aggravate it...just yet.

The computer guy called and it will cost an arm and a leg to fix my computer and he has to send off for a new hard drive.  Still, it will be cheaper than trying to buy a new computer and the new hard drive will be more powerful than what it will replace.  As I have this old Dell I can continue to use it while I wait.

I still have a couple of big bills to pay; one for the dentist and the other for upcoming insurance on the van...then maybe I will have a nickle or a dime left over at the end of the month.  I don't count on it 'though because just when you see the light at the end of the tunnel...the bulb burns out.  Your back in the dark shadows again.  HA!


*
God in the morning,
Peace for the day.
God at the noontide,
Rest upon the way.
God in the evening,
Will make the shadows flee.
God for all our lifetimes
Is Joy eternally.

By Dorothy Doane

Thus Ends This Day

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Greetings Mabel!!

I should be out planting the seeds this morning but I stepped outside and the humidity took my breath away. We are suppose to rain later today too. I guess it will have to wait another day or two. Hate doing that but I don't need to keel over in the garden either.

I need to pick up prescriptions later today and a few odds and ends while at Wal-Mart. But other than that I think the work will have to be inside today. Which is fine with me there is plenty to do here.

I also have a ton of work to do on my computer. I need to replace the CD drive. I pulled a couple out of old computers that no longer work for various reasons but I have not thrown them out because the parts do come in handy.

Not all parts are interchangable because they are different brands but I believe the one CD drive will fit. Its just taking the time to shut down the computer and tear things apart. While I have it shut down I will give my keyboard a good cleaning. They sure do get dirty fast, LOL. I'll also blow out the dust from the tower as I will have it open anyway to change the drives out.

Life is full of "surprises" some good and some not so good. I am having one of those days where I wish I could pull the covers over my head and go back to sleep and forget about all that is going on, LOL. Oh well, this too shall pass.

Love ya, Alice