Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Birds and Bees

Whatever I did yesterday caught up with me today.  I didn't feel it yesterday or last night, but when I tried to get up this early AM I knew I had pulled a muscle and it hurt badly.  I tried to work outside, but didn't get very much done other than going  "Ouchy."  I am going to bed early and by tomorrow it will be all better...I hope.

There are other things I can do inside tomorrow.  I really don't have to go anywhere or have anything that really needs to needs to be done, although I will want to mow on Friday or Saturday and water some plants.  I am seeing honey bees in the clover in the backyard.  I hope they are on the comeback.

I have been sitting at the table where I can watch the birds flit in and out, visiting the bird bath.  I can see directly out the back door.  I like having a lot of birds in the area because they help keep the mosquitoes down.  However, I have yet to harvest a single blueberry before the birds get to them.

I took my little laptop in to the computer doctor.  It's $60.00 just to have someone look at it.  I am sure that I shouldn't spend the money, but I miss my little laptop.  This big old Dell is fine for some things, but has no sound or a photo slot.  I keep it because, as now, it comes in handy or to the rescue.  Maybe some day I can get this one worked on, too.

I will have new neighbors next week.  I am told they have an autistic child and that he is very talkative.  That sounds more hyper to me, but I don't know a lot about it.  Anyway, I am going to rub my shoulder  and neck with a pain cream and go to bed.

END

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good morning Mabel!!

I pulled a few muscles myself last night but not really bad. Just a little stiff and sore this morning.

I got out and put up a small trellis for cucumbers to grow on and one for the pole beans. I got the cages all around the tomatoes and got the potatoes that rose to the surface from all the rain back down in the dirt. Then I raked some dried up grass clippings onto the potatoes because my friend still has not shown up with the bale of straw for them.

I prepared everything for getting my seeds in today and low and behold it is raining,,,,, again. I think that is God's way of telling me I need the rest today. At least from a lot of bending and crawling around on the ground, LOL.

I went to the pain clinic yesterday and they have scheduled 2 shots for my back in the sciatic joint for next week, then water therapy for a while. Oh joy!!

I hope you are feeling much better today!!

Love, Alice