Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Onions

I planted a bunch of onions this afternoon wherever I could poke  a hole and stick them in.  They are long overdue for planting so I don't know how they will do.  Onions are pretty hardy 'though and if you forget them over winter they will come right back up again.

I also pulled out a few "volunteer" potatoes from the ground.  Not a lot, but enough for one meal.  There are more out there; I just need  to find them.

I was going to mow the yard today and got the mower out and filled it with gas.  It wouldn't start.  The battery is dead so it is on the little charger.  It takes about eight full hours to charge so I won't be mowing much until tomorrow.

I didn't waste my time 'though.  I have been busy cleaning off the fence line.  That is a some job.  Most of the vegetation growing along and on the fence comes from the other side.  There is Virginia Creeper and Morning Glory the length of both fences.  It is the kind of vegetation that just takes over a fence line and creeps right into the lawn.  It will ruin a fence and cause it to rust out.

The new neighbors say their kids can't play in the back yard because they are all allergic.  What am I?  Non allergic?   If I don't get out and do the job my mower gets all tangled up in the vines and that makes it more difficult for me.  Plus, it is a great harboring place for mosquitoes, chiggers and insects .

My Plum tree is so productive, but the wind knocks the plums off onto the ground before they are ripe, and then the ants get them, then the flies.  I am going to trim it back just slightly...sometime.

I added this picture from a previous post.  I have been buying them at yard sales and at the Good Will Store.  They are cast iron frying pans and a couple of small ash trays.  They sort of fell in a random order, in the center of the post

The hard, physical work causes me a little discomfort, and then my "everything" hurts.  I took a half of a Lortab around noon, but when they are gone, they are gone.  I have been nursing them along for quite a long while, now.  I doubt I can get them renewed as this whole area is drowning in drugs and meth. labs.  Oh Well.

I am/was too tired to cook and then clean up after myself so I made a fast trip to Wendy's...and no dishes to wash up.  Thank you,  Wendy's. Your just too good to me!

I have been outside most of the day, from about 9:00 and on.  As Alice says, the best laid plans have to change according to the needs.  I really wanted to get the grass cut.  Tomorrow is to be about 90 F. and I don't like working in the heat: I can feel my B/P thumping right along.

So, tonight I guess I will go to bed earlier than usual and recover from a busy day.  No, I didn't get my Split Pea Soup started, either.  Dang...shoot me with a pea shooter...remember them?


END

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good morning Mabel!!

Things did not go well in water therapy yesterday. They kept saying I have a balance problem and were working muslces to fix that. I kept telling them the only time I have a balance problem is when my legs go into severe spasms and they were working the wrong muscles. By the time I left I could not stand up straight again. I will not go back!! How come they never want to listen to the patients???

Sounds like you kept busy in spite of the lawn mower woes, LOL. I have the same kind of crap growing on the fence line that I need to pull out again too. Another day though. Too much on the agenda today to worry about that.

I am gonna head out and do some weed whacking before running some errands. I got the landlord's done last night, but had to stop because I was still hurting.

Tonight is bible study and I am making refreshments again. So I have to run to the store to pick up a few things and will make that this afternoon when it is too hot to be outside working.

Its good to keep busy though, idle hands is the devil's work shop, LOL.

I am happy I have no one living on either side of me right now and don't have to worry about the neighbors and listening to their complaining, LOL.

Hope you have a great day!
Love, Alice