Friday, June 17, 2011

FRIED

Yes, my little laptop is totally fried; un-fixable.  Wal-Mart is having a sale on them this week so I guess I will put one on my credit card 'though I don't want to.  This old Dell is OK, but there is a lot it can't do, such as play play videos with sound or take a disk from my camera.  I really don't want to go into debt, but I guess I will.

We finally got a good, healthy dose of rain and my plants are looking a little better.  There is nothing like rain from the Sky King that is full of natural nitrogen that is formed from lightning that comes with a good storm.   My plants, such as they are, were starting to look a little haggard in the heat, even though I watered them.

I find it odd that nothing has put forth a blossom other than the one tiny Roma tomato  and some of the potatoes.  Wait and see, says me.

I watched my neighbor trying to mow her yard this afternoon.  I have never...ever seen her mow the yard before and she was struggling to push the mower.  She didn't make it before the rain came down.  She is a kind of elite...person...unused to outdoor work.  I wondered why she was doing the mowing instead of her husband or grown son.  One never knows what goes on behind closed doors.

I mainly stayed inside, other than a couple of trips in and out the back door.  I made some Sun Tea and did a couple of other quick trips outside, but I didn't want to start a job if rain was on the way.  And come, it did.  Good job Mother Nature and Sky King.

Does anyone remember the series of SKY KING, a radio program from 1940 to 1951 and then becoming a TV series in 1951 and running until about 1960?  You can get these old programs on DVDs now by just doing a search on your computer.  I know that remembering a lot of these old shows "dates" me, but what the heck...your going to get old..er, too.  They just don't make good shows like the old shows anymore.

END

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Greetings Mabel!!

The rain is about to hit here again along with some thunderstorms and continue until at least Monday. I finally found a place to get some much needed straw for my potatoes. I just have to call him and find out when baling day is and go pick it up at the farm. Getting a ride in the country will be enjoyable for me.


I don't remember Sky King it was just a little before my time. But I am sure it was a good program all the shows were good ones back then.

My garden plants are looking really good. Tomatoes are full of blossoms, potatoes really took off well, cucs, beans and corn all coming up good now. Too many weeds to tell about the beets, I might have to re-seed them. Hoping to get out there Monday and do a bunch of weeding. I did a little last night but not nearly enough. And with the rain coming in now, I won't make it today, LOL.

I have a few errands to run this morning and then I really need to get the work done in the dining room I should have done yesterday, but some other things got in the way. Oh well, life goes on, LOL.

Take care!
Love, Alice