Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Lets all get naked

I am firmly convinced that the only way to deal with this extreme heat is to run about in our birthday suits.  Of course we may all get arrested and hauled off by men in white coats, but at least we will be cool.  I once took care of an elderly lady who did just that, and of course she wound up in a state facility and then over to the nursing home as she aged.  Of course, she was cool while she was running up and down the streets in her nothingness.

I didn't do a lot today other than go in and out the back door a few times to water some plants.  That was enough for me.  I think it was a lot more humid today than it was yesterday.  I waited until  6 P. M. to go to the store for milk and some other items.  As it was I felt like a wilted catus, if one can get wilted.

Tomorrow I don't plan on doing much, either.  Instead, I am going to the Olive Garden and let some one else cook or whatever.  I won't have dishes to do or food to cook or turn on the stove.  I wish you all an Olive Garden or something similar.

A WALK TO YESTERYEAR
*
Come walk with me to yesteryear
Down the road of childhood miles,
Lets turn our thoughts away from fear
And change our frowns to smiles
*
Lets walk together in memory
To times when we were young,
Lets live each minute in mimicry
And renew those years of fun.
*
M. Rosser Lunsford.
*
When we were young we didn't mind the sun or heat and stayed out and played until the 9 oclock whistle blue. Does anyone else remember...?


END

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Greetings Mabel,

Oh yes how I remember the 9pm whistle going off. In the summer we would be out playing hide and go seek or telling ghost stories in Spangenburg's parking lot. When the whistle blew you saw kids scattering in differnt directions. We had until the whistle stopped blowing to be in our homes. As I look back on it now it must have been such a funny site, LOL.

Savy Orlando was a beat cop then and he always planned it so he would be in Spangenburg's parking lot to check the back doors by a couple of minutes before 9pm. I can still hear him laugh as us kids took off running when the whistle started. LOL. Those were the days. Such fun, and clean fun too!!

Hope you have a good day and enjoy Olive Garden!
Love ya, Alice