Saturday, June 11, 2011

Pseudo-Hoarder

I am something of a pseudo-hoarder.  While not an extreme hoarder, I still have a lot of"stuff" to get rid of.  A real-true-hoarder can not stand to let things go and always has an excuse or a need to hang on to things.  Perhaps it is the result of poverty or some kind of emotional distress or an emptiness that needs filling.  I don't know.  In my case I was happy to get rid of a lot of unnessary junk and accumulation and will continue to due so, one room at a time.  No, you don't need to climb over huge piles of assorted debre' and yes, you can walk through the house from one room to another.  I still feel compiled to divest myself of unwanted, unused , unknown objects.  So-out-they-do go and the saga continues.

I have done a few things inside because I couldn't do things outside.  We did get some rain.  I must have slept through it, for the most part. 

I would like to get a few more tomato plants, if I can find any, and replace the one that went to 'mater heaven.  I have a few old potatoes that are going soft and I think I will put them into the ground and cover them with grass clippings.

It is time to think about that summer garden, but I also need to get a few things done within, before anything else without, such as touch up painting and hanging the rest of the prints and curtains.  I find that I can only do so much per day...getting old, you know. 

I am thinking of taking my metal detector and hard case to the pawn shop and getting rid of it.  Or perhaps putting it on Grieg's list.  I know my treasure hunting days are past, so why keep it.  I have even tried to give my stereo away with all the records and 8 tracks..no takers.  Oh well.

I have been going through all the coupons that Cindy sent me.  I already used the one from The Olive Garden and one for crackers while I wait for the week's sales to come out on Monday.  One thing I do not need at this time is meat.  Ah, but TP is always a necessity!

It has been a slow day and I am a slow thinker so I think I will slowly quit right here.

END

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Greetings Mabel!!

I am feeling a little better this morning but still not up to par. Not sure why I have had such problems this time with the shots but I am not liking it, LOL.

I need to do a lot of decluttering too. I plan on doing some on Monday after I get back from the pain clinic if they don't put me through the ringer even worse. Garbage goes out to the curb Tuesday night for Wednesday morning pick up and I want to have a full can this week. I know which room I will start in, that will be my office so I really need to get it done.

Frank is going, then he is staying and then he is going again, and no wait, this week he is staying, LOL. Alice is moving along with her own plans and when Alice is set up as good as she can be financially, Frank is going whether he wants to or not. He is playing flirty with some gal on the computer and his cell phone and I have had enough.

He is paying the bills so, he can stay for now. But not for long. I will not and can not let this go on forever.

Keep this between us though. I know he does not read this blog so I am not worried, but nothing goes on fb about it. Thanks.

Hope you have a great Sunday!!

Love, Alice