Friday, June 10, 2011

TOOTHPICKS

My living room walls are full of toothpicks.  Yup, they are holding up the walls!  I have been trying to hang pictures.  Every time I drove a nail it was in the wrong place and that left holes in the wall... ergo...toothpicks.  When I make a hole in the wrong spot I push a toothpick in the hole and break it off.  Then all I need to do is spot-touch up-paint it and it doesn't show up.  See, I told you I had a wall full of toothpicks.

I am having trouble hanging these framed prints.  I can still drive a nail, but there is no power behind the swing.  I can't drive a nail in straight anymore as my arm does not obey me as it did three years ago.  Still, I got three pictures up, one small nick knack holder and a mail holder up this afternoon...with the help of toothpicks.  I still have three larger prints to hang, but I need to get some picture hangers and do it right.

I checked my tomato plants and found that one is dead and must have croaked overnight.  I wonder if one of a number of stray cats has used it as a French Luv.  My pepper plants look fine and I see a tiny Roma tomato coming forth.

I spent all my time inside today because of the heat.  I hope it is cooler tomorrow...on Saturday.  I have a lot to do, including mowing the front lawn.  A little rain in the evening wouldn't hurt and it might make me grow.

TAKE TIME
*

Take the quite time of evening
At the setting of the sum
Before the moon arises
And all the work is done
Take time to thank the Savior
For the blessing of the day
And in the quite stillness
Just fold your hands...and pray
*
Betty Christman
*
END

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Greetings Mabel!!

Wish I was there to help hang your pictures for you, but I might not be of much use today. My back is still killing me from the shots on Wednesday. So much so, my stomach has been flipping. I go back on Monday and will have a talk with them about this as it is not good.

Looks like my landlord came over and mowed the back yard for me today when I was laying down but I will have to do the front. Not tonight though, I don't think I could handle it.

I did not even write on my blog today. Now you know I am not feeling very good when I miss that.

Don't you over do it!!
Love, Alice